Vegetarian Spicy Soup
Who said that going organic cannot be spicy? This vegetarian soup is one which will surely test your taste buds. It is easy to prepare and require only about 15 minutes to start and half an hour to cook.
Spicy chilly required
As the name implies, this is a vegetarian dish and using organic ingredients, it would be a great serving with other accompanying dishes for a party of 4.
Ingredients required to cook this dish
One thing for sure, you will need quite a lot of stuff to get this soup cooking. Once it is done, you should have your friends wanting more.
- You can add in 1 can of beer if you like a pinch of alcohol in this
- Tomato sauce
- Ground black pepper – use a few types if you like
- 1 can of pinto beans. Ensure they are rinsed and then drained
- 1 can of white kidney beans and red kidney beans each
- Whole kernel corn – 1 or 2 cups of fresh or frozen ones will do
- Chili powder or cut chillies
- Fresh oregano – Use about 1 tablespoon
- Cloves garlic – use about 3 pieces and mince them
- About 1 to 2 tablespoon of cooking oil (organic)
- Use 2 cans of chilly-styled tomatoes
- Ground cumin – about 1 teaspoon
- Zucchini – chopped ones. Use about 1 to 2 cups
What is next?
First use an oven to cook the garlic for 30 seconds. Throw in the tomatoes, some water, tomato sauce, oregano, pepper, cumin, mustard and beer if you like. To make it spicier, throw in some hot pepper sauce too. then, throw in the beans and let it boil.
After that, push down the heat a bit and then cover it for 15 minutes. Then, throw in the corn and zucchini and let it boil before covering it in medium heat for another 15 minutes. That’s it.