There are a wide range of places and locations you can go to if you are a sporty person. From gymnastics to soccer, performing arts to golf, you will surely be spoilt for choice if you know where to go and what to do.
Factors to consider
There are several factors that you should consider when it comes to sports. This include:
- Indoor or outdoor: not all games can be played both indoor and outdoor. In fact, some games can only be played in either one while there are some that can be played in both. For indoor games, you can plan your session at any time while outdoor sports will rely a lot on the current weather.
- Budget – This is a very important factor because it will determine how long you can play and if you can even afford it. Some games can be a bit more expensive but that can be split among the team players.
- Facilities – You might want to consider if there are enough facilities for you to enjoy your game and the quality of these facilities.
- Sports equipment – some sports come with the equipment required for the game. Some have charges for you to rent them while there are some that require you to bring your own.
Best places to go for sports
You will need to have some form of interest in whichever sport you want to play. Most places allow you to rent the space and start playing while there are some that come with beginner’s coaching for starters. Here are the top places you can go to play the sports.
Archery around Malaysia
- The Star Archery – Address: F1.25 – 26, 3, Jalan PJS 11/15, Bandar Sunway, 46150 Petaling Jaya, Selangor. Tel: 03-5621 1302
- ATAG Malaysia – Address: PJ Palms Sports Centre, No.1, Lorong Sultan, Seksyen 52, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor. Tel: 016-225 1291
- Star Archery – Address: No 12 -2 , Jalan 4/62A, Bandar Menjalara, Kepong 52100, Kuala Lumpur. Tel : +603-62759858
- REVO Archery – Address: 32-1, Jalan Seri Rejang 3, Taman Sri Rampai, 53300 Kuala Lumpur. Tel: 012-434 8814
- PPOC Archery Range – Address: 5364, Jalan 18/22, Taman Kanagapuram, 46000 Petaling Jaya, Selangor. Tel: 019-319 5013
There are many places to go if you want to try out extreme sports. In fact, there are extreme parks too that cover many different types of games like trampolines and climbing walls. Other places you can go include:
- Skytrex Adventure Shah Alam – Address: Jalan Liku 8/1, Seksyen 8, 40000 Shah Alam, Selangor. Tel: 013-276 9841
- Breakout Malaysia – Real Escape Room Game – Address: Avenue K, Jalan Ampang, Kampung Baru, 50450 Kuala Lumpur. Tel: 03-2181 1835
Soccer or Football
Playing football or soccer in Malaysia is popular but would normally require a lot more planning as the large field would need 22 players (or more). While it might not be easy to organize such games, there are certain leagues that you can join to play the game more regularly.
- Aus Kick Malaysia
- Little League Soccer Malaysia – Address: Unit 5-13, Wisma BU8, Lebuh Bandar Utama, Bandar Utama, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor. Tel: 012-353 3029
- Million Dollar Feet – Address: S111, Floor 2, Centrepoint, 3 Lebuh Bandar Utama, Bandar Utama, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor. Tel: 03-56128321
Badminton – Most popular sport
Badminton is perhaps the most popular sport in Malaysia. It is a lot easier to play as compared to other sports. Thanks to players like Datuk Lee Chong Wei who has been the world number one player for a long time, the popularity of this sport has increased. To play the game you can easily book a court at places like:
- Michael’s Academy – Address: Dewan Badminton MBA, Level RF, Jalan BP 7/11, Bandar Bukit Puchong, 47120 Puchong, Selangor. Tel: 018-582 6101
- Sports Arena @ Mahkota Cheras – Address: Off, 43200, Persiaran Mahkota Cheras 1, Bandar Mahkota Cheras, 43200 Bandar Mahkota Cheras, Selangor. Tel: 019-209 3333
- Pro One Badminton Court – Address: Jalan Tun Perak 4, Taman Tun Perak, 43200 Batu 9 Cheras, Selangor. Tel: 016-235 8369
- Gogoscore – Address: Unit 19-07, Menara K1, Lorong 137C, 3, Jalan Klang Lama, Taman Hock Ann, 58200 Kuala Lumpur. Tel: 014-830 3333
Futsal or indoor football
Perhaps the most popular sport to have surfaced in the last decade or so, futsal or indoor football has become a primary sport for Malaysians. You will require lesser players as compared to full-pitch football and the game is faster and more exciting.
- Samba de futsal – Address: Lot 13, Jalan 51a/225, Seksyen 51a, 46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor. Tel: 03-7958 2644
- PJ Futsal Centre – Address: No. 5, Jalan 51a/223, Seksyen 52, 46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor. Tel: 03-5481 5555
- Futsal Impact – Address: Jalan 11, Salak South Baru, 57100 Kampung Baru Salak Selatan, Kuala Lumpur. Tel: 019-232 9922
- Bobai Futsal Court – Address: 54, Jalan Segambut, Segambut, 51200 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur. Tel: 019-818 0841
- The Challenger -Address: Lot 997, Jalan Koop Cuepacs 3F, Taman Cuepacs, 43200, Cheras, Selangor. Tel: 03-9076 2727
- Sports Affairs – Address: Lot 44621,, Jalan Perdana 1, Taman Segar Perdana, 43200 Cheras 9 Miles, Selangor. Tel: 03-9076 1412
Gokart – Miniature racing
This is one of the sports that can be played by people from all walks of life. However, safety must be a concern as a lot of kids like to Gokart. You must ensure that there are ample safety measures before playing.
- Blastacars Malaysia – Rooftop at Sungei Wang Plaza – Not the safest place as it is managed by foreign employees. Address: 5F- 001, 5th Floor, Sungei Wang Plaza, 50250 Wilayah Persekutuan. Tel: 012-887 8485
- KartX Rental Karting – Address: Speedway PLUS Karting Circuit,, KM8 Elite Plus Highway,, 46000 USJ Subang Jaya, Selangor. Tel: 012-659 0808
- Eagle Ranch Resort in Port Dickson – Address: 544, Jalan Pantai, Batu 14, 71250 Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan. Tel: 06-661 0495
The game of golf can be a joy if you know where you can play it. The most common places you can play golf is at the golf courses but that would usually require you to have some membership which means it can be costly. Among the places you can play golf indoor include:
- City Golf – Address: Bangsar Shopping Centre, 285, Jalan Maarof, Bukit Bandaraya, 59000 Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur. Tel: 03-2282 0011
- Golfmaster Zone – Address: GF-1, Ground Floor, Tower 4&5, PFCC, Jalan Puteri 1/2, Bandar Puteri, 47100 Puchong, Selangor
There are several places you can enjoy the game of gymnastics around Malaysia. This is where you can try your hand at some of the activities provided or you can enrol in these courses.
- Flykids Gymnastics – Address: No 1-3, Jalan Solaris 3, Mont Kiara, 50480, Kuala Lumpur. tel: 03-6203 7939
- juzkidz gymnastics – Address: 2, Jalan Telawi 2, Bangsar Baru, 59100 Kuala Lumpur. Tel: 03-2284 0988
- Motion gymnastics – Address: L1-11, Cova Square, Jalan Teknologi, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor. Tel: 016-489 7722
- QQ Gymnastics – Address: 3-2, Jalan Sri Permaisuri, Bandar Sri Permaisuri, 56000 Batu 9 Cheras, Kuala Lumpur. Tel: 012-359 9575
This might not be the most popular sport but it surely is growing. There are places that you can play this sport from the beginner level and decide if you would like to take up the sport as a hobby. This includes:
- Z Fencing – Address: 4.06, Jalan Maarof, Bukit Bandaraya, 59000, Kuala Lumpur. Tel: 03-2092 2510
- Swashbucklers Fencing Club – Address: 16-2, 1st Floor, Jalan PJU 1/3D, Sunway Mas Commercial Center, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor. Tel: 016-682 0870
Horseback riding is one of the sports that are always highly regarded to be for the upmarket. This is because it is very exclusive at selected clubs and would require a lot of training. Places that you can enjoy this sport include:
- Bukit Kiara EQ club – Address: Jalan Damansara, Bukit Kiara Equestrian, 60000 Kuala Lumpur. Tel: 03-2094 1222
- Denai Alam Recreational and Riding club – Address: No 1, Jalan Elektron U16/100, Seksyen 16, Denai Alam, Denai Alam, 40160, Selangor. Tel: 010-240 2606
- Taman Ekuastrian Putrajaya – Address: Jalan Kandang Kuda, Presint 5, 62200 Putrajaya. Tel: 03-8000 8902
Paintball and Laser Tag
Paintball has been a much-loved sport among Malaysians in recent years. You can enjoy this team game at many outdoor locations or you can try out laser tags at indoor courts.
- Galactic Laser Sunway – Address: Sunway Piramid Mall, No. 3, Jalan PJS 11/15, 46150, Petaling Jaya, Selangor. Tel: 03-5638 8833
- Mudtrekker Paintball – Address: Jalan Hijau Serindit U9/68, Seksyen U9, Cahaya SPK, 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor. Tel: 016-323 1144
- Xtion Paintball – Address: National Sports Complex Bukit Jalil, Bukit Jalil, 57700 Kuala Lumpur. Tel: 019-626 0658
- XnR Laser Tag Address: Lot 509, Kg Haji Palil, Batu 15 1/2, Dusun Tua, 43100 Hulu Langat, Selangor., 43100, Selangor. Tel: 012-200 1910
The rock climbing sport has been around for quite a while now. It is one of the most established extreme sports that appeal very much to a certain group of people. To start, you will need to have some form of education so that you are aware of the safety steps and on how to use the equipment.
- Camp5 Climbing Gym – Address: 1 Utama Shopping Centre, 5th Floor, 1, Lebuh Bandar Utama, Bandar Utama, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor. Tel: 03-7726 0410
- Bolder Ventures climbing gym – Address: 11, Jalan Industri USJ 1/2, Taman Perindustrian USJ 1, 47600 Subang Jaya, Selangor. Tel: 03-8023 4948
- Madmonkeyz – Address: 19-1 & 19-2, Jalan Metro Wangsa, Section 2 Wangsa Maju, 53300, Kuala Lumpur. Tel: 03-4142 0698
- Rockworld Johor – Address: Setia Business Park 2, 81300 Skudai, Johor. Tel: 012-752 5318
Probably one of the most exciting sports in Malaysia considering that there is no snow in this country, ice skating has become quite popular with the younger generation where you get to play this sport at major shopping centers.
- Sunway Pyramid Ice – Address: 3, Jalan PJS 11/15, Bandar Sunway, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor. Tel: 03-7492 6800
- Icescape Ice rink – Address: IOI City Mall, Lebuh IRC, IOI City Mall, 62502, Sepang, Selangor, Malaysia, 62502 Sepang. Tel: 03-8328 8880
- Royale Bintang Ice Skating Rink – Address: The Royal Chulan, 2, Jalan PJU 7/3, Mutiara Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya, Selangor. Tel: 03-7959 9000
Yoga might not entirely be a type of sport but is a popular activity among the young adults and is starting to pick up among kids as well. Places to enjoy this activity include:
- 72 Yoga Styles Studio – Address: 13-2, Jalan Kuchai Maju 1, Kuchai Lama, 58200 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Cocoon Yoga – Address: 50480 No 11-2, Jalan Solaris 2 Solaris Mont Kiara Kuala Lumpur. Tel: 03-6203 0112
- Prana yoga – Address: Unit 2.3, 2nd Floor, 48, Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad, Taman Tun Dr Ismail, 60000 Kuala Lumpur. Tel: 012-976 4866
- Surya Yoga – Address: 91-2, Jalan Radin Bagus, Sri Petaling, 57000 Kuala Lumpur. Tel: 011-2807 8258
- Elaine Yoga – Address: Tanjung Tokong, 11200 Tanjung Bungah, Penang. Tel: 012-447 0072
Scuba diving is a very specialized sport which you need to have a license to enjoy. This can be obtained through several hours of training before you are allowed to go into the waters. You can check with the scuba diving centers before deciding like:
- Dive Buddy
- Scuba Warehouse
- Dive the world Malaysia
When it comes to martial arts, it depends largely on what type of arts you are interested in because there are just too many to choose from. Among the more popular ones these days are Wushu, Wing Chun, Muay Thai boxing and others. Places to enjoy this sport include:
- Global Elite Gym – Address: Lot 5-2-12, Jalan 3/109F, Danau Business Center, Taman Danau Desa, Kuala Lumpur. Tel: +6012-604 0890
- MuayFit – Address: A-30-01, 3 Two Square, No 2 Jalan 19/1, 463000 Petaling Jaya, Selangor. Tel: +603-9760 4761 / +603-9760 2389
- Monarchy MMA Combat Fitness Gym – Address: First Floor, Wisma MPL, Jalan Raja Chulan, 50200 Kuala Lumpur | 2nd Floor, 34-2 & 36, Jalan Telawi 2, Bangsar, 59100 Kuala Lumpur. Tel: +603-2022 3608
- K-One Martial Arts Academy – 30, Lorong Baru, Penang. Tel: +604-226 2027