It is a common sentiment for parents when you start having kids to dress them up to your liking. You could get cool clothes when you are pregnant but you will surely start buying for your baby too. In some cases, they look good in just about anything they wear but this might not be the case or every baby because of their unique body structure and outlook.
Top Retail brands for babies and kids
Fortunately, parents have a lot of brands to choose from when it comes clothing and fashion. From the traditional and comfortable types to the more fashionable names, you have a lot of options when it comes to dressing up your kid. Below are some of the top brands.
Applecrumby & Fish
This is an online baby store that sells a variety of brands and its born in Malaysia. It is one of the up and coming companies that was founded by Malaysian couple Sean and Jesmine Tan which when they started had only 900 products. Not to be confused with another American apparel brand which has a similar pronunciation, this brand today it has close to 10,000 products in its online store.
Baby and kids stores around Klang Valley
The Klang Valley is perhaps the place where you can find most top brands for your toddler and kids. Among them include:
- Baby Ambrosia: Baby Ambrosia is mainly involved in baby foods. Products from this brand are made from 100% natural and nutritious ingredients. This company has been around for about 10 years now and has been one of the more trusted brands where you can buy their products at their main outlet at The Curve, online or through its outlets around the country.
- First Few Years – The main outlet for this brand is at The Curve Shopping Centre. Besides that, you can find them online as well where you can buy a variety of baby products. Among their most sellable ones are their car seats and strollers
- Mamours – Mamours have outlets around the Klang Valley that carry names like Maxi-Cosi, Luciole, Quinny and many more. Besides their outlets, you can buy products from Mamours online as well.
- Early Learning Centre – known in short as ELC, this brand carries a wide range of toys and products that help to stimulate the young mind. You can find them at most shopping malls usually with Mothercare.
- Stroller World – As the name suggests, this is THE place to go if you are looking for strollers. The outlet is at Puchong where they have a broad range of products for sale including Maclaren and BMW, among others.
- Tiny Tapir – Quite a unique name for a brand which sells products like clothing for the modern mum, diapers, carriers and toys too. Their main branch is in Cheras and they have an online store as well.
- BebeHaus – BebeHaus operates its outlet in Bangsar Village I where it offers a full range of baby products like strollers, toys, feeding products and clothing. Customers can buy from their online store as well.
- Happikiddo – From Citta Mall, HappiKiddo is one of the recent additions to the baby and toddler product market.
- Anakku – The BM word for ‘My Child’, this is perhaps one of the most established baby brand in Malaysia. With a local name and a strong reputation, Anakku has become quite a household name, selling all types of baby products including bottles, strollers, clothing, maternity and other goods
Stores around Peninsular Malaysia
Besides the brands and stores in the Klang Valley, parents are able to buy their products at renowned stores in other states as well. Among them include:
- Johor – A lot of stores are located around major towns and the capital city of Johor Bahru. Names like Baby Phoebe, Dear Baby, Mums & Babies, Twins Baby and Fabulous Mom are quite popular choices. QQ Baby Store is available in Masai while you can find Anakku in other towns as well.
- Penang – Choo Choo Train operates its store at Bukit Mertajam as well as an online store. Apart from that, parents can buy from shops like Twins Baby, Goodeal Mum and Baby Store, Mum and Baby which are mostly around Georgetown.
- Perak – in the state of Perak, you can buy baby and kids products in Ipoh where you can find brands like Bebeshop, Twins Baby and QQ Baby Store, among others. Meanwhile, you can find Baba Manja several towns around Perak like Taiping, Sitiawan and Parit Buntar.
Baby stores in East Malaysia
Over in East Malaysia, top baby stores there include:
- Sarawak – In Sarawak, you can buy your baby goods and products from outlets like Mummycare, Poppies, and Mothercare. Besides that, you should be able to find these products in places like Ting Wonderland Baby Store in Kuching, Poney and Jacob Matthews.
- Sabah – Brands that can be found here include Little Me Baby, Baby Wonderland and Happy Moms.