There comes a time when you will be planning for a romantic dinner with your other half. It could be a birthday, an anniversary or even if you are planning to propose. Otherwise, it could just be a normal dinner where you have ‘other’ plans later as you want to impress your date. So if you want a place which is away from the maddening crowd but memorable enough so that your date remembers you for all the good and romantic things you did, below are our top 8 picks.
Marini’s on 57
– If budget is not a problem for you, the Marini’s on 57 might be the ideal option. Located on the 57th floor of the Petronas Twin Towers, your date will surely be amazed with the scenery and sight of the surrounding areas.
Address: Level 57, Menara 3 Petronas, Persiaran KLCC, Kuala Lumpur
Bijan Bar and Restaurant
– This restaurant is known for its fine dining cuisine of Malay dishes. It is cozy and has a great ambience. Its traditional batik decoration and ambience makes it very romantic. Setting the mood right for anything afterwards, it is located in Jalan Ceylon, which is not far from Changkat Bukit Bintang where there are many bars and pubs.
Address: 3, Jalan Ceylon,Kuala Lumpur
– This place might be further out of the Kuala Lumpur city centre but it is not that far away. If you want a romantic night out, it is the perfect choice was you can get a great view of the city and very much away from the honks and noise of traffic congestion.
Address: 23, Lorong Dungun, Damansara Heights, Kuala Lumpur
– Located in Jalan U-Thant, Rama V will be the best place to go if you are looking for more oriental delights. Here, the Thai Restaurant offers great food within a great ambience which will arouse those senses.
Address: 5, Jalan U Thant, 55000 Kuala Lumpur
LaFite at Shangri-La Hotel
– If there is anything the French is known for, its being romantic. A place that serves great French cuisine will surely be one which will offer your date a dinner to remember. Located within Shangri-La Hotel, it has been voted twice as the Best Fine Dining Restaurant by a local food awards.
Address: Lobby level, Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur, 11 Jalan Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur
Boardwalk at Hilton KL
– This fine-dining restaurant is a great place to go which is surrounded by tropical ambience. You will both get to see the view of the city while enjoying the company of each other.
Address: Boardwalk, Hilton KL, 3 Jalan Stesen Sentral, 50470 Kuala Lumpur
– This place must be the place to go if you want to exude some cultural impression with your date. There is an art gallery here and food is cheaper than many other fine dining places. Otherwise, just enjoy the coffee here and appreciate the art.
Address: 198, Jalan Tun HS Lee, 50000 Kuala Lumpur
Bistro a Table
– This place is located further out of the city in Petaling Jaya. It offers French dishes which comes in a very romantic ambience and environment and is away from the maddening crowd so that you and your date can enjoy some privacy with each other and probably some other activities later.
Address: 6 Jalan 17/54, 46400 Petaling Jaya