Welcome To Family.my
Malaysia has been known for its world-class theme parks of late especially in light of the opening of Legoland in Johor. While these theme parks have been known to invite tourists from around the world, they are a joy for the locals as well. Hence, if you are planning some programmes for your kid’s holidays, you can check out our top 10 best options.
This is perhaps the most convenient theme park as it is located in the heart of the city. The Berjaya Times Square Shopping Mall operates within 3 levels of the huge Berjaya Times Square which includes a Galaxy Station and Fantasy Garden as well as its own indoor roller coaster.
Mon – Fri: 12 noon to 10pm
Sat – Sun: 11am to 10pm
5th Floor, Berjaya Times Square
Jalan Imbi, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
One of the most unique theme parks in the country, it is an all-kids centre where children gets to role-play and be a pilot, firefighter, doctor and many more. Located at Mutiara Damansara, you can let your kids enjoy a full day there while shopping around at The Curve or IKEA. It has a very safe environment and is perfect if kids come as a group where they can team up in various roles and jobs.
Entrance Fees and Fares:
Sun – Fri: 10am to 5pm
Saturday: 10am – 3pm, 4pm – 9pm
Curve NX, No. 18, Jalan PJU7/5,
47810 Petaling Jaya
This is one of the most popular theme parks in Asia. It has something for everyone including an upcoming Fox-Theme park set to be completed very soon. Apart from that, the indoor theme park is one of the most popular places for the kids while the adults enjoy their time in the casino at this highland. (Genting Highlands Resort, 69000 Genting Highlands, Pahang)
Genting Highlands recently underwent a major makeover from 2013 to 2106 where they are building a 20th Century Fox Park. Getting here is a breeze where you get to either self-drive or take the Cable Car and be entertained by the rides, games and food there while the adults can go over to the world-class Casino.
Entrance Fees (as of December 2016 until opening of new park):
Mon – Fri: 10am – 10pm
Sat – Sun: 9am – 10pm
This is probably the most exciting theme park in Malaysia for anyone who knows what Lego is. Opened in 2012, it is located in Nusajaya in Johor which includes the theme park, a water park and the Star Wars Miniland. This theme park is a must-go for anyone who likes Lego. If you haven’t liked Lego yet, you will surely be a fan after coming to Legoland but be sure to be prepared before visiting. The park has been growing in popularity in recent years with the addition of a Star Wars Miniland and Ninjago The Ride, among others.
Daily: 10am – 6pm
7, Jalan Legoland,
– Both these theme parks are situated within the same building. In fact, you can buy an entry ticket to visit both the parks. The Hello Kitty Town is a great place for the girls who like this mascot and the pinky-environment while for those who know about Thomas and Friends, Barney the Purple Dinosaur and Bob the Builder will surely enjoy the indoor games at this park in Puteri Harbor Complex, Nusajaya, Johor. (Persiaran Puteri Selatan, Puteri Harbour, 79000 Nusajaya, Johor)
Located in the heart of Johor Baru, the Angry Birds theme park is one of those latest additions to the theme parks in Malaysia. It is the first theme park from Angry Birds in Asia with many different rides and games which are all designed to emulate the popular mobile game loved by millions across the world. Enjoy the trampolines in the park or take some photos with gigantic Angry Bird structures like Bomb, Red, Chuck and the rest of the gang.
Operating Hours: Mondays to Sundays: 10am to 10pm
At Puteri Harbor, there are a few theme parks here consisting of Hello Kitty Town and Little Big Club. The Hello Kitty Town is the place for Kitty lovers which are housed within Puteri Harbor in an air-conditioned environment. There are rides, games and things to buy from this globally-loved cartoon character. The Little Big Club or Thomas Town meanwhile operates on the second and third floor above Hello Kitty Town which includes rides and shows by Barney, Pingu, Bob the Builder, Thomas and Friends and many more.
Mon – Sun: 10am – 6pm
One of the most popular theme parks in Malaysia, the Sunway Lagoon Theme Park has grown to offer a bit of everything. It is known as a multi-park that includes many types of rides, an Amusement Park, the Scream Park, Wildlife Park while the water park includes water rides, surfing pool and an artificial beach. Occasionally, the park hosts some top, international concerts including the MTV World Stage which has been held here several times.
Mon – Sun: 10am – 6pm
3, Jalan PJS 11/11,
46150 Petaling Jaya
– This is one of the latest additions to the theme parks in Malaysia. Located in Shah Alam, iCity is fast becoming a local favourite. Here is where you can enjoy the City of Digital Lights, a Water World, a Snow Walk house as well as a 3D museum. (I-city 40400 Shah Alam, Selangor)
– This theme park can be seen from the PLUS Highway and is in Alor Gajah in Malacca. It has its own hotel which offers a wide variety of attraction that includes a water park, cowboy town with something for everyone in the family. (A’famosa Resort Jalan Kemus, Alor Gajah, Melaka)
– One of the few theme parks around the northern parts of Peninsular Malaysia, the Lost World of Tambun is located in Sunway City, Ipoh which comes with a water park, theme park and even a spa for those who like a relaxing time which has its own hotel and eateries. (No.1 , Persiaran Lagun Sunway 1,, Sunway City Ipoh, 31150 Ipoh, Perak)
– Located in the heart of the Klang Valley, the Desa Water Park is quite popular among the locals. The ‘Thunderbolt’ here is the main attraction which is the longest Master Blaster in Asia. Apart from that, there are many other rides, pools and an Extreme Park. (Jalan Desa, Taman Danau Desa, Kuala Lumpur)
Desa WaterPark is a family entertainment part that boasts of an exciting variety of water rides and slides. It also houses the longest Master Blaster in Asia the “Thunderbolt? A place where you can enjoy the thrills and spills of the heart thumping adrenaline rush of the most fascinating water theme park . so join us and experience the fun. Because of its optimum size, the availability of large covered space (Amphitheatre); ample free parking space and competitive pricing, the park is now deemed a popular location for hosting large group Family Days and events. The huge covered space (Amphitheatre) can also be patrionaze as an ideal location for dinners, corporate themed events & carnivals, family day and etc.