If you are planning to find employment within a local Malaysian company but do not know where to start, we have compiled the top 10 best companies you can target.
– While many believe that working for Sime Darby is venturing into agriculture, this home-grown company has already done well in the global arena. In Malaysia, Sime Darby is one of the largest public listed companies where it has business operations in areas like industrial, automotive and property development.
Petronas – Reimagining Energy
– Getting into the oil and gas industry is not easy but if you are employed by Petronas, you will like to know that it is one of the most profitable companies in Malaysia. In fact, Petronas is the only Malaysian company in the Fortune 500 list. This company is known to provide some very good benefits for its staff and employees.
– A truly Malaysian-grown company, the Genting group has been known for its business in the gaming industry as it operates the only casino in Malaysia. Apart from that, Genting is involved in a wide range of entertainment services like theme parks while it has businesses in Singapore and other countries.
– No stranger to the Malaysian scene. Both the companies are under Tan Sri Ananda Krishna. Maxis operates the largest wireless mobile network in Malaysia while Astro is the satellite television service provider. Together, they have one of the largest customer base in Malaysia in terms of communications and entertainment.
– Going into banking might be your forte if you like figures and numbers and working in CIMB can be very fulfilling. Managed by the brother of the prime minister, CIMB is the top 2 banks in Malaysia after Maybank where it has one of the largest branch networks nationwide.
Maybank Banking Group
– This bank has been constantly reinventing itself. One of the oldest banks in Malaysia, Maybank is considered to have one of the best places to work in through its modern management style and other values.
– The Axiata Group was previously known as TM International Berhad. It is a public listed company which is the owner of the Celcom mobile network.
– Known in short as TNB, it is the primary energy provider in Malaysia. As it channels mainly electricity into homes and corporate offices around the country, job opportunities within this government-linked company is abundant which comes with a lot of perks and benefits.
– This bank is very successful as it is known as the largest non-government-linked bank in the country. Despite all the challenges in the financial markets around the world, Public Bank remains as one of the most stable banks not only in the country but around Asia. As such, it is known for its efficiency, good working environment and benefits for staff and employees.
– Known in short as TM, it is the primary communications network provider in Malaysia. Originally intended to provide home telephone services, TM has reinvented and grown to be the market leader of internet access through its Unifi broadband services and HyppTV fiber-television services in Malaysia.