Making a choice on which insurance company to use can be challenging as you will actually be entering into a long-term investment. There are many insurance companies operating in Malaysia for the last few decades where they have a broad range of products and services tailored for the needs of Malaysians from all walks of life. When it comes to Life Insurance, you might want to consider choosing only the most reliable and dependable companies. We list the top 10 for you.
– Prudential is probably one of the most established life insurers in Malaysia. It is part of the United Kingdom business and is one of the oldest insurance companies in Malaysia. It has more than 1,000 employees and more than 10,000 agents around the country.
– One of the most popular brands when it comes to Life Insurance, it is one with one of the largest network as well. To date, Great Eastern has more than 20,000 associates around the country. For Great Eastern, life insurance has been one of its best-selling products since it started.
– AIA has been around for a long time now. Life Insurance has been its flagship product offered through its tens of branches nationwide which is headquartered in Kuala Lumpur.
Allianz Life Insurance Malaysia – the Allianz Life Insurance is one of its primary products while it offers other investment-related products as well. In 2012, Allianz was one of the fastest growing life insurance businesses in Malaysia and this is still growing.
– The subsidiary of Maybank and has a very unique business model. Unlike other life insurance companies, Mayban Life Assurance operates through the Maybank branch network and its specialists. This means that it has one of the largest networks in Malaysia via the Maybank business. Apart from life insurance, this brand offers other wealth management products as well.
– Tokia Marine is from Japan which has a history dating back to more than 100 years. In Malaysia, it has been around for well over 60 years and is regarded as one of the most stable life insurers in the world.
– This is another brand which operates under a bank’s banner. Formerly known as Malaysia Pacific Insurance, it is able to ride on the success of its banking business in offering life insurance packages to its customers from all walks of life around the country. This is done through the Hong Leong Bank branches as well as direct-agents that operate nationwide.
– The Manulife brand might be quite new and recent but it actually comes from a long history of other names which went through a series of branding and rebranding. Many might remember the former John Hancock Life Insurance which was formerly known as British American Insurance. Today, under the Manulife banner, it has grown through a strong network of agents around the country offering one of the best life insurance packages to Malaysians.
– This is one of the most recent additions to the life insurance market after acquiring Malaysian Assurance Alliance Berhad a few years back. Since then, Zurich has been establishing a firm standing with over 1,000 employees and almost 5,000 agents around the country.