This dish is a spicy one as it is somewhat inspired by the traditional Szechuan style of cooking. It is quite a popular dish and if you are aiming to have mild and more tender noodles, you should use toasted sesame oil.
Common Asian favourite
Any mention of a Chinese dish will give you the impression of a plate of cooked noodles. This is one of those that you will have your guests wanting more.
Ingredients required to cook this
To start, prepare the following:
- Hot sesame oil
- lean meat. Find organic ones and use chicken if possible
- scallions, just a handful will do and divide them into 2
- Cloves garlic, use about 3 of these
- Minced fresh and organic ginger – about 1 tablespoon will do
- 3 to 4 cups of chicken broth
- slightly less than 1 full cup of water
- Pak Choy – use what you need
- dried Chinese noodles – depending on how many you are serving.
- Soy sauce – use 2 to 3 tablespoons of this
- Some rice vinegar
- 1 cucumber
How to prepare
First, you need to heat up the oil over the wok. Then put in the meat and part of the scallion. The garlic and ginger goes in after that. Stir for about 5 minutes. Then, transfer it out. After that, the broth, water, vege, noodles, vinegar and soy sauce goes in. Add a bit of oil and let it boil in medium heat.
Cook until the noodles are tender and then the chicken goes in. Let it stir for a while and then you are ready to serve. Cucumbers go in last for garnish.