Smart homes are all they talk about these days and if you are not in this bandwagon, it seems like you are way out of the league. But do you know what constitutes really smart devices? Do you know what is the best home gadgets that are worth your money and time? Rule of thumb is: NOT ALL smart devices are good for you!
Getting the right smart devices for your home
Not all smart devices are created equal. In fact, you have so many options to choose from, it can sometimes be too daunting and confusing. So what are those that are worth your money?
- Google Home Smart Speaker – This is as good as it gets and it is what Google wants for you too. You can now use your voice to search without talking to a phone or computer. It also reads the news and tells you the weather too!
- Gosund Smart Plug – Basically, this plug connects with Alexa and Google Home and let you control the devices plugged into the home. And since your devices are voice-activated, it basically means that you can control lights and fans without even getting up from your seat.
- Roku Streaming Stick+ – This basically lets you stream your favorite programs to your TV without needing to buy a Smart TV or something like that. All you need is a WiFi, your Netflix or Amazon Prime or whatever and you are good to go!
- Ring Video Doorbell – This device is simply genius as you can now see who is on the other side of the door and then have a conversation too. What’s more, it also comes with a 24/7 video feed so if anyone is attempting to steal something from your doorstep, you have them captured on video!
- Click and Grow Smart Garden – This kit is perfect if you want to grow a garden but are not sure how to go about with it. It ensures that your plants get the sunlight it needs, the amount of water to grow and nutrients. And the measurements are accurate too!
- Nest Learning Thermostat – This device first learns about your lifestyle and then it will automatically adjust the temperature for you. The main objective is to help to manage your energy (and hence your utility bills) better.