As the name implies, SimpliSiti (pronounced as Simplicity) is owned by one Siti which in this case, Dato Siti Nurhaliza, one of the most prominent artistes in Malaysia. This brand is one of the most recognized in the country having been founded by the singer and actress who has been hugely successful across the region.
Background of SimplySiti
The SimplySiti cosmetics brand offers a wide range of beauty and personal care in the market. founded in 2010, it has been operating and expanding to offer products like lipsticks, make-up, fragrances and skincare range. This was the second time Dato Siti tried her hand in running her own business after meeting with disappointment in her first venture, the CTea brand. The range of products sold by SimpliSiti are made in Korea using nanotechnology which are all certified Halal.
Where to buy SimpliSiti
As one of the most recognized names in the Malaysian market, SimpliSiti can be found in more than 200 outlets around the country. The product range is carried by renowned pharmacies and personal care stores like Watsons and Guardian as well as at AEON department stores. Besides that, it has standalone counters as well. Plans are in place to expand the brand to other countries like Singapore, Brunei and Indonesia as well as to the Middle East.
What makes SimpliSiti such a remarkable brand is that not only does it reflect the artiste herself but she is personally involved in the promoting of the brand. Apart from that, SimpliSiti products have won several top awards and accolades includling:
- BOSS Awards – in 2016, it was nominated in the People’s Choice Awards which is an award given out to recognized outstanding entrepreneurs by the MAAYE (Malaysian Association of ASEAN Young Entrepreneurs).
- Halal Journal Awards – SimpliSiti won the Best Halal Product in 2010
- Halfest Awards – SimpliSiti took the second place in the Best Packaging category in 2012 in this festival aimed at promoting SMEs from Malaysia
- Kecantikan Untukumu Cosmopolitan Awards – The brand won the Best Water-Proof Mascara in 2010, beating some of the big names in this sector
- The BrandLaureate – SimpliSiti won the Most Promising Brand in 2011 at the SMEs Chapter Awards of this prestigious event. Dato Siti won The BrandLaureate Tun Dr. Siti Hasmah SME’s Women of The Year 2010 as well.
- 2011 – SimpliSiti won the UDC Best Upcoming Cosmetic Product at the UDC Business Award
- SimpliSiti won the Best Halal Launch and several other categories at the 2010’s Watson’s Health, Wellness and Beauty Awards
- Won the Malaysia’s Strongest Brands in the Beauty category at the Malaysia’s Strongest Brands Award 2016 hosted by Y&R Malaysia.