Making your own organic French toast is now easier than ever. Just follow the steps below and you can now enjoy a sumptuous breakfast of toast which is healthy, organic and totally vegetarian.
Easy to prepare
Everyone loves a good French toast and when you go organic, this is one thing you need to be a bit more mindful about especially in the preparation and shopping stages.
Use best organic ingredients
To get started, look for low-fat yogurt which is healthier and has lower calories than the common sour cream. This meal takes at most 15 minutes to prepare.
You need to have the following:
- Bread – use organic raisin bread if possible. About 4 to 6 slices will do depending on your portion
- half a cup of low-fat yogurt (vanilla flavour)
- about a quarter to half a cup of low-fat organic milk
- 2 organic eggs
- a quarter teaspoon of ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg each
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- some table salt
2 slices of bread per serving can be made from this. What you need to do is to first get a mixing bowl. This is where you beat the 2 eggs in before adding the vanilla extract, the spices, yogurt and milk. After that, heat it in a skillet over medium-heat fire with some organic oil. Once it is almost boiling, place the slice of breads in to ensure they soak in. after that, flip it over. Do the same for the rest of the bread before topping it with yogurt.