One of the very prominent make up brands originated from Malaysia is MYJ which is short for Make Up by James. This brand has been around for a few years now and has since made inroads into many markets around the region. In fact, it is one of the only few Asian brands which have been able to enter the UK market with success.
Background of MYJ Beauty
The brand MYJ Beauty was the brainchild of Jameson Juwily who is from East Malaysian state Sabah. Established in 2011, he was a passionate follower of beauty and glamour having watched a lot of beauty pageants since a young age. He worked part-time at some of the most department stores in London like Selfridges and John Lewis giving makeovers to women where he developed more interest in this market.
He would then go on to study at the London College of Fashion before obtaining his degree in Advertising and Marketing Communications at the University of Greenwich. Then, he would go on to learn about high end mineral makeup products before starting the MYJ brand.
What is MYJ Beauty products about
So successful is James’ business that he has become the first Malaysian to start a lipstick brand in the United Kingdom which is not an easy feat. It was through his research that he discovered the importance of lipsticks with high quality mineral ingredients particularly for celebrities which is why he has used mineral and Vitamin E in making these products.
It is important to offer relevant products to the customers of today. That is what MYJ Beauty had seek out to do. All the products offered are:
- No chemicals or additives
- used only natural minerals
- no animal-testing
Products by MYJ Beauty
MYJ Beauty mainly offers products for lips. There are in general 3 categories of products to choose from namely:
- Lipsticks – borrowing the names of streets in London, this range includes Baker Street, Bond Street, Carnaby Street, Downing Street, Fleet Street, Harley Street, Oxford Street and Regent Street.
- Lip Gloss – This range of products are named after significant streets of London. They are Albert Bridge, Battersea Bridge, Chelsea Bridge, London Bridge, Tower Bridge, Vauxhall bridge, Waterloo Bridge and Westminster Bridge.
- James’ Collection – this involves a collection of products packaged for more economical options. They are Belgravia Elegant, Chelsea Affluent, Holland Park Trendy, Kensington Chic and Primrose Beautiful which are named after prominent landmarks.
Where to buy MYJ Beauty products
MYJ recently opened its counter at the Parkson department store in Sunway Velocity while you can buy the products online as well. More counters are expected to open in the near future.