The modern man has a lot of demands. This is seen through the fact that there are now men salons available. In fact, the traditional and more conventional barber shops that were operated by Indian barbers have now modernized and offer some of the best services.
Barbershops with a new twist!
When it comes to personal grooming, barbershops now come with a lot of new and more modern services. You will find that even the interior design and outlook of these shops have changed since the old and former Indian barbershops with the twirled blue, red and white stripes at the storefront. In fact, you can no longer find RM10 haircuts with a small twist on the neck these days. If you are the modern male looking for a nice place to pamper your scalp and sometimes a shave, then you should consider the top 5 barbershops today. These outlets are evaluated based on the following factors:
- Focus – Barbershops are not the same as the usual run-of-the-mill salons. What you want is to find a barbershop which is intended for men only. When they focus on this, you can ensure maximum quality of service
- Locality – In the past, Indian barbershops are quite easily found. In fact, most of these outlets offer similar services at rates that are quite standard. You can literally walk into any shop and you can be assured of the same (or at least similar) treatment.
- Ambiance – Modern barbershops have very unique ambiance. Besides the treatment for your scalp or chin, you will surely enjoy the outlook of the salon which can often time be quite rustic (designed deliberately)
- Value for money – although it might not be as cheap as before (around RM10 per haircut), you would enjoy the affordable services anyhow. In fact, you will find that some of these outlets do not charge exorbitant fees which makes them really economical for the service and experience.
Gentlemen’s Tonic Malaysia
Gentleman’s Tonic Malaysia is an international brand for grooming among men. It comes from London where it has branches across the world. In Malaysia, it is located in Publika and it is the first for this brand which covers Mexico, Hong Kong, Dubai and Moscow. Here, men can enjoy pampering that includes beard grooming and hair treatment, among others. Apart from that, you can enjoy massages too or go for The Shackleton service.
- Gentlemen’s Tonic Malaysia
- Address: D5-G3-03 Publika, Solaris Dutamas, No 1, Jalan Dutamas 1, Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603-6412 8660
- URL: https://www.gentlemenstonic.com/
The Oven Cuttery
A modern and somewhat luxurious barber shop for men where you can enjoy a great cup of coffee while having tour hair done. The Oven Cuttery is quite an amazing place to go as you will have your hair treated by Kevin Tan who was from the Amplitude Barbers. The service here includes a hot towel face massage. Nothing beat having your scalp taken care of by one of the leading barbers in the market today and make sure you call them and make an appointment.
- The Oven Cuttery
- Address: 21, Jalan SS 21/34, Damansara Utama, Petaling Jaya
- URL: https://theovencuttery.simplybook.me/v2/
You need to make an appointment in advance if you want to have your hair done at 52 Barbers. The outlook itself is unique enough to attract you into the barbershop. McBe is the man behind this who was from OTHRS Barber. A true gentlemen’s barbershop, you can enjoy a wide range of services that include shaves, beard grooming, and a haircut. The hot towel is a truly great finale.
- 52 Barbers
- Address: 29 Jalan Riong, Kuala Lumpur
- URL: https://52barbers.resurva.com/book
Joe’s Barbershop started operations in 2014. Since then, it has grown in popularity and has now opened 9 branches around the Klang Valley. If you are aware, Joe’s Barbershop is the brainchild of Joe Flizzow, one of the most popular hip hop Malaysian artist. This barbershop is a great place to start if you like to have a different haircut experience where you can get styling of every type.
- Joe’s Barbershop
- Address: 18G Jalan SS15/8B, Subang Jaya, Selangor
- Tel: +603-5613 7000
- URL: https://joebarber80.youcanbook.me/
A place with a totally unique name, this place is all about the head. Ted Lee is the founder of Sweeney Ted where you can have your hair cut, beard trim and many more. As it is a one-person establishment, you would need to make an appointment before coming here.
- Sweeney Ted
- Level P1, The School, 72A, Jalan Universiti, PJS 13, Petaling Jaya
- URL: https://sweeneyted.simplybook.me/v2/