Fried rice is by far one of the easiest dishes to cook in the Asian menu. However, it does take some practice before you become good at this. This vegetable fried rice is what you want if you are looking for something simple and deliciously.
Healthy and organic fried rice
You should be using brown rice to prepare this dish. Some might prefer leftovers and that would be ideal.
What you need to prepare
To get started with this favourite, get the following items:
- Rice vinegar – about 2 tablespoons will do
- about 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- pepper and chilly if you like it spicy
- Instant brown rice
- Vegetable broth – about a cup will be fine
- 2 to 3 eggs beaten
- Canola oil, about 2 teaspoons
- Clove garlic and red bell pepper
- Soy sauce – use reduced-sodium ones
- Fresh ginger – minced
- Asparagus spears
How to cook this dish
First mix the broth and rice into the wok. Heat it up and then cover it for about 10 to 15 minutes. The rice goes out for about 5 minutes to cool down. Eggs then go in for cooking for about 1 minute and then taken out. Heat up the canola oil and throw in the asparagus. The garlic, ginger, bell pepper and scallions then go in. stir for about 3 minutes.
Then, throw in the cooked rice and add vinegar and soy sauce before the eggs are added as well.