Have you tried the spiced tea at Indian cuisine and wanted to make your own? Known as Masala Chai, it is one of the most loved teas in the world dating back to more than 5,000 years ago.
Organic Masala Chai
Sometimes referred to as Chai tea, it is usually served in a clay cup when you have them. Depending on your preference, Masala Chai is usually served sweet but if you are going organic, you can always replace the sweetened milk with alternatives.
What do you need?
Below are the list of ingredients you need:
- 1 ½ to 2 cups of milk. You can choose between organic soy, almond or dairy milk
- 2 cups of water
- Sugar – we recommend 2 teaspoons but you might want to use less
- Black tea – use Assam or Darjeeling and take about 1 to 2 teaspoons
- 2 pieces of green cardamom, black cardamom and whole cloves each
- 1 cinnamon stick about 2 to 3 inches will do
- 1 black peppercorn and a fresh ginger root
What you need to do?
First, you need to get the spices ready. Crunch the spices together which include the peppercorn, cloves, cardamoms and cinnamon.
Then, crush the ginger as well. In a stove pot, use medium heat to boil water, sugar and the black tea. You might want to stir the water occasionally. Then, add the spices and ginger together with the milk in and let it boil. Your tea is ready for drinking and there should be enough for a company of 4 or 5 people.