Tofu is a common sight in Asian cuisine, particularly popular among Chinese and Japanese dishes. This is one recipe you will like to serve up to 4 people and it is very healthy too.
Popular Chinese takeout item
This is one dish that can be easily prepared using organic items. It should not take more than 30 minutes to start serving.
What you need?
To start, prepare the following items:
- Water-packed tofu or fresh ones.
- Five-spice powder, use about half a teaspoon
- Canola oil. Use this minimally
- Organic oyster sauce – about 3 tablespoons
- Cornstarch – slightly more than 1/2 a teaspoon
- Broccoli. We want the crowns.
- Yellow and red bell pepper – 1 each
- fresh ginger, minced garlic, roasted peanuts and hot sesame oil. Prepare about 1 to 2 tablespoons each
Start cooking from here
First, dry off the tofu and then cut them tenderly into cubes. The five spice powder then goes in together into a bowl. In the wok, heat up the canola oil and the tofu goes in after that until they are brownish. That should take at most 10 minutes. Take them out.
Use a separate smaller bowl and mix the water, oyster sauce, cornstarch and the leftovers of the five-spice powder. Throw in the broccoli and the peppers into the wok for about 3 to 4 minutes. The ginger and garlic goes into the wok and then when the aroma is there, throw in the oyster sauce in low heat. The tofu is then added and then you are done.