The date was September 7, 2011 and it was rumoured to be when Apple will be launch the widely anticipated iPhone 5. Kodawarisan, a Japanese website was the one responsible in spreading the rumour which is the date of the annual fall event and since then Apple users and reviewers around the world have been talking about it and what one could expect from the then latest iPhone.
The iconic iPhone and what happens next
This is most likely because the rumours which have been reported by Kodawarisan has been proven to be true which if based on its past records, might just be true this time around. While Apple has not spoken much about the iPhone 5, there has been reports of new versions of Apple products coming up so it is just natural that one could just be talking about the iPhone 5.
iPhone 5 and the list goes on
- iPhone 5C – Fresh from the success and reception of iPhone comes its sibling with the tagline “For the colorful”. This is the seventh generation of the iconic phone which came with a 1.3 GHz dual-core processor. It was quite the same with iPhone 5 but came with a polycarbonate shell. Later on, Apple launched the iPhone 5S
- iPhone 5S – This was a major upgrade to the hardware of the iPhone 5. Basically, it looked quite the same externally but came with a white and gold outlook while the home button was given a makeover. Besides that, the A7 64-bit dual-core processor was launched with this
- iPhone 6 – After the success of iPhone 5, the widely anticipated iPhone 6 was launched. This came in silver and promises to be a far better model. The iPhone 6 sold more than 10 million units in the first weekend itself and went on to breach 100 million units in the first half year
- iPhone 6 Plus – This model was to accompany iPhone 6 and was the successor to the previous versions. Besides the superior hardware and processor, it came with an enhanced fingerprint reader and its iconic 3D Touch technology
- iPhone 7 – This was launched in September 2017. It was packed with a quad-core processor and the Apple G9 custom GPU running on a hexa-core platform. The iPhone 7 Plus was launched as well. In terms of design, the iPhone 7 is quite similar to the iPhone 6 while consumers enjoy new colour themes. This time, they made it water and dust resistance and quite sensationally, removed the 3.5mm headphone input. This means that users will need to use wireless headphones to listen to music or go handsfree, thereby changing the way users use the device again.