Who said that green bean casserole cannot be healthy? Once you make this, you will enjoy a vegan breakfast with the best organic ingredients which is gluten-free.
Get started with organic products
Nothing beats starting your day with a truly healthy meal. All you need is to find the best organic ingredients and you are on your roll.
Ingredients needed for this meal
The ingredients are simple. Just prepare the following, a set of the casserole and another for the topping:
For the former:
- About 2kgs of green beans
- 1 cup of cashew nuts. You need to soak it for about a couple of hours and then drain the water
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- Some sea salt
For the latter:
- 1 large onion, yellow ones would be good and sliced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of arrowroot powder
- About 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- Half a coup of all-purpose flour. Make sure you get the gluten-free ones
- About half a coup of brown rice flour and safflower oil each
- Some sea salt
How to prepare
Use a bowl that can fit all the onions. Add the almond milk and let it soak for about 20 minutes. Then drain out the milk. Use a deep skillet and medium heat it before adding the flour, brown rice, arrowroot powder and sea salt into another bowl. Mix them and add the onions in. Mix them again.
After that, put in the coated onions into the skillet and let it cook for about 5 minutes before flipping and repeat the process. Put them into a paper towel. Next, preheat the oven to about 350F and use olive oil to grease the baking dish. Put in the green beans and let it cook for about 5 minutes. After that, drain it and put into a large bowl of iced-water.
On the other side, blend the almond milk, sae slat and cashews for about 2 minutes. Put the green beans onto the baking dish earlier before pouring in this mixture. Use crispy onion to top it and let it bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Your dish is ready to be served!