The Tikka Masala is one of the most popular dishes when it comes to Indian cuisine. Known throughout the world and more so in Europe and the US, this is usually quite an elaborate dish to prepare. But when you use organic means, it becomes a lot easier and quicker too.
Modern styled Indian dish
This dish will be best served with basmati rice but you should be looking and using organic ones.
What to prepare
The following ingredients are required to cook this dish:
- Garam masala – prepare 4 teaspoons of this
- half a teaspoon of salt and a quarter of turmeric
- half a cup of common flour
- about a pound of chicken meat
- Canola oil. Use about 4 teaspoons
- Cloves garlic. About 5 will do
- 1 large sweet onion
- minced, fresh and organic ginger – get about 3 teaspoons
- plum tomatoes – get the canned ones
- Half a cup of whipping cream and fresh cilantro each
Cooking the Tikka Masala
First stir the salt, turmeric and garam masala in a small bowl. Put the flour onto a plate. Put in the meat and half a teaspoon of the mixture. On the pan, heat up about 2 teaspoons of oil. Cook the meat and then transfer it to another plat. The other 2 teaspoons of oil goes in and use medium-heat before adding in onion, ginger and garlic for about 6 minutes.
Then, add the mixture for about a minute or two and sprinkle in the flour to coat it. The tomatoes will be next and when it thickens, add the chicken. Lastly, use cilantro to garnish.