Benefit Cosmetics is an established cosmetics brand which has a strong reputation globally. With a wide range of products for women of all ages, Benefit is, as its name implies a brand very well preferred for enhancing beauty among its customers.
Background of Benefit Cosmetics
Benefit Cosmetics was founded by Jean and Jane Ford. This was back in 1976 in San Francisco, United States where it is now headquartered. Jean and Jane Ford are twin sisters who came up with the business after tossing a coin of either a beauty outlet or a café. Then, it was called The Face Place which provided quick-fix products.
The first product to roll out of this was called ‘Rose Tint’ which was a blush and lip tint. This product would continue to enjoy success where it has underwent various upgrades to becoming ‘Benetint’ as it is known today. In fact, Benetint has been the best selling product ever since for Benefit Cosmetics where it has already sold more than 10 million units.
The Face Place would then go through various changes and before long, they created a product catalog. In 1990, they renamed it to Benefit Cosmetics which then started to focus on distributing at department stores. It was in 1997 that Benefit expanded to London which then see this brand moving towards the international scene. LVMH then bought over the brand in 1999 which is where it grew faster. Today, Benefit has more than 2,000 counters that operate across its global network spanning across over 30 countries.
Products by Benefit Cosmetics
Besides Benetint, which is the brand’s best selling product, Benefit Cosmetics launched the Bathina, their first bath products line in 2001. Among its product categories are:
- Brows – This includes products like brow gel, pencils, tools and kits
- Eyes – Products in this category includes eyeliners, eyeshadows, mascara, primers, eyeshadow eye palettes
- Face – products here include blush, cheek stains, bronzer, face primer, face powder, highlighters and foundation
- Lips – this includes lip gloss, lipsticks and lip stains
- Skin Care Products – This includes products like body care, cleansers, makeup removers, moisturizers, eye care products and those for specific skin types
- Accessories – Benefit Cosmetics offer a wide range of tools, brushes, makeup kits, beauty kits, eye kits and such
Where to buy Benefit products
The main distribution channel for Benefit products are through department stores. Across the world, Benefit Cosmetics are sold in places like Debenhams and Boots Pharmacy as well as in Sephora stores. In Malaysia, you can buy Benefit Cosmetics at the Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, 1 Utama Shopping Centre, at Alamanda Shopping Center as well as in Gurney Plaza in Penang. Meanwhile, Sephora stores in Malaysia has a wide range of Benefit products while you can buy them online too.