Karaoke is one type of entertainment option which can be very rewarding for every member of the family. If you are planning something for the holidays but might not be looking to visit any of the top travel destinations, then a karaoke session for the family would be very nice.
Where to go and what to expect?
In most cases, you will expect these outlets to be based in shopping malls and entertainment areas. You can expect there to be food and other services like free snacks and such. Below are some of the best places to go for a karaoke session for the family.
Loudspeaker Karaoke – Various locations
The Loudspeaker Karaoke is the pioneer of family oriented karaoke in the country. Started out in 2009, the first outlet was opened in Johor Bahru. Since then, Loudspeaker Karaoke has grown with branches in Damansara, Subang, C180 and Puchong. Loudspeaker is a very established name for families and small groups to enjoy a few hours of singing where it is known for its superior sound system (thereby its name) and great food. Among its rates are:
- Noon K – from 11.00am to 2.00pm, rates are RM7 per hour and RM13 on weekends
- Happy – This starts from 1.00pm to 7.00pm where rooms are RM16 per hour and RM20 on weekends, inclusive of 1 drink
- Normal hours – This is from 6.00pm to 12.00pm. rates are from RM25 per hour.
- Midnight – from 12pm to late, rates are RM18 per hour with free refill of certain drinks
K-Box Karaoke in various locations
The K-Box Karaoke prides itself to be the first franchisable family karaoke in the country. The first outlet was opened in Ipoh and was the first that took the bold step to set up in a shopping mall there. Since then, K-Box has opened its doors at Aeon Kinta City, Kampar and Permaisuri Imperial Mall City. Among its highlights:
- Sessions start from 11.00am to late
- Rates start from RM11.70 per hour with 2 free drinks
- Peak hours are from 6.00pm onwards – rates will be between RM25.70 and RM32.70 per hour
Neway Karaoke Box
Neway Karaoke is perhaps one of the most established brands in the karaoke industry of Malaysia. Started out from Hong Kong, the brand move to Malaysia in 2004 and that was when it was opened at the prestigious Berjaya Time Square. With 64 karaoke rooms to rent, it was one of the larger setups in the country. Since then, Neway has firmly established itself as one of the top karaoke names in the country with outlets around the country like Penang, Johor and Puchong.
Neway Karaoke Box is known for its superior sound system as it was modeled after its Hong Kong counterparts. It has a large selection of song choice while customers can enjoy some great food as well.
Pricing and rates of Neway includes:
- K-Lunch – Rates are from RM9.80 per hour
- Happy Hour – From 1pm to 7pm – enjoy rates from RM16 per hour on weekdays
- Normal Hours – Between 6pm and 11pm – rates are between RM28 and RM35 per hour
- Midnight – starts from midnight, rooms are available from RM18 per hour
Malaysian Idol Family Karaoke
As the name implies, this outlet is totally family friendly. You will enjoy affordable room rates here which starts from rM10 per hour for a small room set for 3 people. At the peak hours, rooms are around RM15 and RM27 per hour. Larger rooms will cost more for sure but it is among the lowest in the area of Kajang and the surrounding region.
Red Box Karaoke
Red Box Karaoke is another brand which has a strong establishment among its customers. It has a broad network of branches across the country. Rates differ among the different branches and they usually come with food served in buffet style.
Starbox Family Karaoke
Located in the southern state of Johor, the Starbox Family Karaoke is a great place that provides affordable rooms and good sound system. Below are some of its rates.
- Happy Hours – 11.00am to 7.00pm
- Price ranges from RM10 to RM15 per hour depending on which type of room you choose
- From 7pm to 2am – rates are between RM13 and RM20 per hour
- This is the same for weekends and public holidays